The company Christmas Do has a bit of bad rep which is lingering on from the 80’s when it was all limp sandwiches, pineapple and cheese on sticks and an overbearing colleague insisting you all take to the dancefloor for Kylie’s remake of The Locomotion!
There’s little wonder why many shy away with trepidation!
But, for those die-hard party animals amongst you and those organisers hell-bent on getting staff and colleagues to enjoy the festivities we thought we’d share just a few tips on how to make this year’s Christmas do one to remember, for all the right reasons!
Top tips for surviving include:
- Remember that this is a party so whilst you don’t want to be talking shop, see it as a good opportunity to network, especially with those colleagues from different departments or locations.
- Use the opportunity to build on your important work relationships. Getting to know people away from a work environment can really help when you are back in the office.
- Don’t use the opportunity to tackle those career challenges such as negotiating a pay rise or filing a complaint, leave that side of work in the office and take time to enjoy the social side.
- Do some research beforehand so you are armed with conversation topics and so you know who’s attending and what their job title and role is.
- Struggling to know what to wear? Gents can keep it smart casual with jeans, shirt jacket if the dress code permits and ladies, why not opt for a little black dress, just not too short, or low cut with it being a work occasion.
- Follow up afterwards with a quick email to say thanks. It’ll make you stand out from the crowd who won’t.
So, if we’ve tickled your fancy, armed you with top tips for survival and generally re-invigorated the party animal in you, why not book a night at Doncaster Racecourse this Christmas or in the least, suggest it to your party organiser! Christmas Live is the happening place to be this year!
On selected dates during December the main hall at the Racecourse is completely, jaw dropping-ly transformed in to a winter wonderland, a party palace which just has to be seen to be believed! Up to 1,000 people gathering for festive fun, live music, disco, delicious food and entertainment including a casino to celebrate another fantastic year and start Christmas celebrations in style.
So, if you have the dubious honour of organising this year’s company Christmas Do or you just want to bring your party to our party get in touch, get booked and get partying Christmas Live style!
December dates currently available are Friday 8th, Saturday 9th, Friday 15th, Saturday 16th, Thursday 21st and Friday 22nd. Tables seat up to 12 and to guarantee a private table there must be a maximum of eight guests. Pre-booking is essential and all outstanding balances must be paid in full before the event.
For further information please visit http://www.doncaster-racecourse.co.uk/christmas-and-new-years-eve/